Portland Monthly – Five Shows Not to Miss
Five Portland Art Shows You Can’t Miss this September
First Thursday of fall! We’ve got you covered with our must-see list of September shows.
BY MEGAN HAVERMAN 9/2/2015 AT 4:30PM
Why is it Colder at the Top of the Mountain if it is Closer to the Sun? (Melissa Monroe)
September 3 – 27, Roll-Up Photo Studio + Gallery (rollupspace.com) What caught our eye: jagged, scrawling line work and an autumnal color palette. Why we’re still looking: Despite having no art school background, one night in 2012 Monroe began to paint “as if someone had whispered in my ear that I should.” The result is an eerie, one-of-a-kind style that uses broken objects for inspiration.
About the GalleryRoll-Up is an alternative exhibitions space. We curate and host pop-up and revolving exhibitions by artists working in all media types. We are not currently accepting submissions. If you'd like to receive exhibition announcements, please contact us to be added to our list.
HoursFriday & Saturday, 12-5 PM and by appointment.
- Willamette Week 5 shows in January 2017
- Willamette Week Favorite Shows June 1-7
- KPTV Good Day Oregon
- Classical, Formal, Rigorous: the Collages of Eunice Parsons
- The Southeast Examiner – Eunice Parsons
- Portland Monthly – Five Shows Not to Miss
- Oregon ArtsWatch – Leaping Darkness
- Oregonian – Under the Wire